Hello! I am Fitri from Singapore and you are very welcome to read my introduction!
First and foremost:
- A native Malay and also an English teacher with 18 years of working experience in the media industry prior to teaching.
- I scored distinctions in my Malay GCE 'O' level and oral examinations.
- Holder of Diploma in TESOL with distinction from London Teacher Training College.
- Experienced in teaching conversational English to adults in Madrid (short-term).
- Currently teaching at an international English academy in Singapore.
Secondly, why you should learn English/Malay with me:
- I am Singaporean and a native speaker of 2 languages, English and Malay.
- High level of patience (hey.. I have worked with children!).
- Flexibility, I am here to adapt to your needs and help you achieve them.
- Approachable, feel free to ask me any questions.
- Happy to follow your learning pace.
- One of my interests is traveling. With that, I am always looking forward to meeting people and learning from other cultures, and that includes you as well.
Thirdly, what I can offer:
- Communicative approach (meaning that I will make you practise more of the language, by speaking. Trust me, it will boost your confidence and improve your English/Malay language).
- Use of authentic materials, objects from everyday life, etc.
- Customise lessons according to your preferences.
Lastly, types of lessons I offer:
- Conversational English/Malay especially for non-natives or locals looking to pick up a new language or improve their conversational skills (not for students under the MOE syllabus).
- English/Malay for different proficiency levels, particularly Beginners and Intermediate.
- Grammar and vocabulary
Because I am cheerful, friendly and easy-going, my students usually find learning the language fun and interactive in all my classes. When I am not teaching, I love to swim, catch up with friends over coffee, watch my favourite shows on Netflix or simply stay in bed with a good book.
So with that, I look forward to meeting you and help you master the English/Malay language :)
Learning the Malay language is fundamentally simple to learn as it is written in the Roman alphabet. The pronunciaton of words in the Malay language is also simple as the alphabets are pronounced just as it would be in English. Generally, the word order in Malay is similar to word order in an English sentence. Thus, this makes learning Malay very easy.
The easiest way to learn Malay is to...
1. Get a Malay Phrasebook and write simple phrases and words on Flashcards and memorize them
2. Study the Malay fundamentals, e.g. classifiers, how to construct questions, pronunciation etc.
3. Try and find a good Malay teacher or other person to talk with you or enroll in a Malay language class or visit Malaysia for more immersion
I can help you with all of the above :)
for 5 more
Tutor available for online lessons or in-person private lessons in the following areas: Hougang & Sengkang & Punggol & Seranggoon & Pasir Ris & Bedok & Kembangan & Simei & Tampines & Siglap & Tanjong Pagar & Bugis & Lavender & Geylang & Bishan & Orchard
If the current tutor is not available, check the availability of other tutors