I'm a university freshman who intends to major in English literature. I'm really passionate about the English language and I'd love to help others improve their proficiency in this language!
• Top in subject in school for GCE A-Level H1 General Paper
• Studied GCE A-Level English literature
• SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Score: 770/800
• SAT Essay: 21/24
• None under official tution agencies
• Planned educational activities and taught primary school children for 2.5 months for a community service project
• Chinese: Speak, read, write (GCE O-Level Higher Chinese)
• Japanese: Speak (conversational)
Fortunately, there's no shortage of exposure to the English language in Singapore, with plenty of opportunities to practice reading and conversing in English in daily life. The ubiquity of public libraries allows English learners to borrow a wide range of books that suit their language level with ease. There are also lots of resources on the internet to fine-tune their language skills.
Mastering English may seem difficult due to complex grammar rules and the intricate nuances of every word and sentence. However, English, like any other language, can be learnt through consistent practice targetting one's weaknesses. It will take time, and progress may not always be noticeable, but it is definitely achievable!
If the selected tutor is not available, feel free to contact more tutors: