Hi, I'm Seth Koster, I am a Speech-Language Pathologist (Speech Therapist) from the United States. I earned my bachelor's degree in Speech and Language Impairments in 2007, and my master's degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders in 2010. Since then I have taught hundreds of students, both adults, and children, to communicate more confidently and fluently in English.
I have taught in universities in the United States of America and Japan, and I was part of the team that created the bachelor's and master's degree programs for Speech-Language Pathology in Vietnam.
My specialty is working with clients who have high-level English already and wish to excel. We can work on a variety of aspects of your speech, from confidence and clarity when in a business setting, to focusing on individual speech sounds and modifying your accent.
Many people think that you cannot change your accent, but that's untrue. With hard work and dedication, you can learn to say any sound. You have to overcome 2 problems to make this happen:
1. Error Fossilization - You have said the sound incorrectly so many times that the neural pathways of your brain have 'hardened'.
2. Habit - Changing a habitual pronunciation is far more difficult than creating a new pronunciation.
However, these issues can be overcome. In order to do this we follow a 4 step process:
1. We ensure that you have auditory discrimination between your target sound and your incorrect sound.
2. You learn to say the sound correctly in isolation and in all positions of words.
3. We stabilize the sound so it is used consistently in our sessions.
4. We generalize the sound so that it is used in all areas of your life.
Connect with me today to see how we can push you to the next level!
As easy as you make it.
Focus and hard work. There are many good methods but the student who excels is the student who is willing to put in the time and effort.
If the selected tutor is not available, feel free to contact more tutors: