Hi, This is Emma. I have four years experience teaching Cantonese and Mandarin with kids, adults and students with hearing impairment. I'm happy to meet up in the north shore area, CBD or inner west. All lessons are 1-on-1 and zoom lessons are available. I have experience teaching a range of nationalities and have a great understanding of their differing needs e.g. Chinese, Korean, Australian, Canadian, Indonesian.
I usually use these books for teaching Mandarin:
👍 Go! Chinese
👍 Mastering Conversational Chinese - Chinese for Beginners
👍 Chinese Made Easy for Kids
👍 Chinese Made Easy
👍 Colloquial Cantonese - The Complete Course for Beginners
👍 Get Started in Cantonese
Note: There are five phonetic systems for Cantonese and I use Jyutping with adult learners.
*Lessons and handouts are tailored based on your interests.
*You are free to choose materials in fully english, traditional or simplified Chinese characters.
*Materials and optional activities:
- flashcard and games
- Chinese calligraphy
- doing Chinese arts and craft
- making simple Chinese/Hong Kong dessert (only with kids at their homes)
- poetry (This is an essential part in Chinese culture and we love including them as idioms and colloquials in our daily conversations)
*Please let me know in dms if you have
- taken any Chinese lessons
- interest in learning Chinese characters (whether Traditional or Simplified)
Others: I have a valid Police check and Working with Children Check
keep practicing in your head, watch anime dubbed by Hong Kongers, chat with Cantonese speakers.
two years minimum
If the selected tutor is not available, feel free to contact more tutors: